We’ve been working on building Age in Place Professionals for a while now and we’ve made a lot of new friends in the process. In the end, though, our goal has been to build something you all would be proud to be associated with. Recently, we took some time to detail plans 2012. We emerged with what we believe is an actionable plan that will net measurable benefits to members. We’d like to share some of that with you.
Build on what is working
From our perspective, one of the things that is working is the directory at AgeInPlacePros.com. We are seeing a lot of new traffic directly to member profile pages. And, it is GOOD KEYWORD TRAFFIC, not just people searching for member or company names. (Which is happening as well.) We’ve detailed a little bit about what is working in another post. (See Member Update: Measurable Results).
The directory alone is helping many small businesses get 1st page ranking in Google for their cities.
So, we’ve laid plans to improve the directory (structure and looks), as well as create more ways for consumers to get into the directory or get member information from our other sites. Not to mention, a significant effort to further optimize every profile for search engines.
This is probably the biggest challenge with such a diverse group of people. Our goal with member promotion is to leverage everything we can to make consumers more aware about your company and get you in front of them online. There are several facets to this (and some fairly technical), but simply:
- Leverage our online properties and assets to make your company more relevant in local searches and;
- Provide opportunities for your company to be presented to consumers in relation to their needs, interests or location.
This is already taking place to a degree with search. However, we have laid much bigger plans to really bump up member promotion. For example, we are:
- Creating new websites that are focused on members;
- Curating a new online paper that only contains only social media posts from members and;
- Executing a 6 month plan for projects that will highlight members to consumers.
Obviously, members benefit as more consumers become aware of members in their communities. The member directory is going to go a long way towards this, but we feel like there needs to be more promotion. Here are a few things we’re going to be doing:
- One of our projects for AgeInPlace.com is re-vamping the newsletter. Part of the changes will be to highlight Age in Place Professionals and drive consumers to the member directory.
- Every reference to a member, including any articles we publish by a member, will note that the person is a member.
- Part of our 6 month plan entails projects that are location focused. I can’t say too much about this, but suffice to say it is THE opportunity we’ve been working towards for you.
The directory has great SEO value to members and we want to be able to get even more attention from the major search engines. In order for that to happen, we’re going to need to grow membership. Our goal is to triple membership by the end of 1st quarter 2012. All-in-all, more members mean more choices for consumers, better ranking for your profile pages and and (ultimately) the more people you have calling you.
Over the next few months, we’ll be hard at work on a membership campaign to engage more service and product providers across North America.
We’re also going to step up communication to members to make sure everyone is aware of the latest news, information and opportunities for members. (We’ve got the brand new news email that you just received, for starters, including actionable opportunities for you.)
As membership grows, we want to make sure we’re here for you when you need us. So, we did a little restructuring to ensure your questions or comments are addressed in a timely manner.
So, that’s a peek into what we’ll be up to over the next few months and the value we’re striving to build for you. Look for more very soon, including some great opportunities. If you have any questions or comments, let us know.