Errand services for seniors are a perfect way to help elderly people who are aging in place, and those that are temporarily or permanently home bound. Many times those aging in place just need someone to help deliver items, mail packages or pick things up from the store. Some of the services you can offer are similar to those you might offer with a personal assistant for seniors business.
This business idea may be well-suited for you if you enjoy helping others, working with older people, don’t mind driving or doing odd jobs for people.
Other errand service activities
- Mailing or shipping, package delivery
- Light grocery shopping
- Delivering home health supplies
- Drop-off services (dry cleaning, prescriptions, gifts)
- Returns (store purchases, videos, etc.)
- Meal delivery
- Holiday, gift or personal shopping
- Car washes or vehicle service
Errand services tips
There are so many types of errands seniors need help with; be flexible and imaginative. Spend a few minutes to learn about each client to discover how you can help them maintain their quality of life as they age in place.